Wireless Multi-Flash Commander with an Easy-to-Use User Interface
The Nissin Air 10s Commander is a wireless flash trigger capable of controlling an unlimited number of flashes at distances up to 100 meters (328 feet). The Air 10s has an intuitive control panel and color LCD display that is so easy to use you can change all your flash and wireless settings with just one finger. The Air 10s Commander’s user friendly interface allows you to quickly turn your flash groups On/Off, change power 1/1 to 1/256, TTL flash compensation +/- 2 EV, and flash zoom 24-200mm.
The easy-to-read screen allows photographers to quickly change all flash functions whether in a dark studio environment or in bright outdoor sun.
Nissin Air 10s Commander Controls up to 8 Groups of Flashes
The Nissin Air 10s Commander offers individual control of 8 flash groups. These flash groups can be divided into two subgroups with different functionality, Basic Group A,B,C,D and Advanced Group Ȧ,Ḃ,Ċ,Ḋ (Advanced Groups are designated by dots over the group letters.)
The newest Nissin MG-series flashes support Advanced Groups, allowing mixing manual and TTL flashes across groups and supporting other advanced flash functions. Basic Groups control all flashes with either manual or TTL mode and basic groups support all pre-MG Series flashes as well as non-Nissin flashes being used with Air R Receivers.
More About Basic Groups: Basic Groups A,B,C,D control all basic flash functions (Manual Power, TTL compensation, flash zoom) for the following Nissin flashes: i60A, Di700A, MG80 Pro, MG 8, MG10, and Air R Receiver.
Note, Manual/TTL mixing is not available for flashes assigned to the Basic Group A,B,C,D.
More About Advanced Groups: Advanced Groups Ȧ,Ḃ,Ċ,Ḋ control all basic flash functions for the following Nissin flashes: i60A, Di700A, MG80 Pro, MG 8, MG10, and Air R Receiver.
Advanced Groups Ȧ,Ḃ,Ċ,Ḋ also provide additional control for advanced flash functions (see below) available only on Nissin’s new MG series flashes: MG80 Pro, MG10, and MG8.
- Remote modeling light control
- Manual / TTL mixing of flashes assigned to Advanced Group Ȧ,Ḃ,Ċ,Ḋ
- Open Mode (share flashes between multiple brand camera systems)
- Remote release
High Speed Sync Capable (HSS)
The Nissin Air 10s Commander supports high speed sync to 1/8000 second.
User Upgradeable Firmware
The Nissin Air 10s Commander is also equipped with a Micro SD card slot for user upgradeable firmware updates. Please click on the link below for instructions on how to upgrade the firmware on your Nissin Air 10s Commander.
Nissin Air 10s Commander Firmware Update Instructions
Nissin Air 10s Camera Compatibility
The Nissin Air 10s Commander is available for Canon, Fujifilm, Nikon, Panasonic/Olympus (Four-thirds) and Sony camera systems.
Nissin Air 10s Specifications:
- Maximum range 100 meters
- 2.4 GHz wireless radio system
- 8 channels
- 8 groups (Basic A,B,C,D and Advanced Ȧ,Ḃ,Ċ,Ḋ)
- HSS to 1/8000 sec
- Manual 1/1 to 1/256 in 1/3 EV steps
- TTL (Canon, Nikon, Sony, Fuji, Olympus/Panasonic)
- TTL flash compensation +/- 2EV in 1/3 EV steps
- AFAL (auto focus assist light) range .7 to 5 meters
- Flash zoom Auto/Manual: 24, 28, 35, 50, 70, 85, 105, 135, 200mm
- Flash sync (1st curtain, 2nd curtain (except Canon), slow shutter, red-eye)
- Up to 10 shots per second
- Color LCD display
- 2.5mm sync port for shutter release cable
- User upgradeable firmware with Micro SD/SDHC
- Battery life approx. 3000 shots (with alkaline batteries)
- Requires 2x AAA batteries (not included)
- Includes leather case and shutter release cable
- Size 2.6 x 2.3 x 2.3”
- Weight 73g (without batteries)
Comparison of Nissin Air 1 vs Air 10s controllers
How to Pair Nissin Air System Videos
Read more about Nissin Air System (NAS) Wireless
ExpoImaging, creator of Rogue FlashBenders, is also the exclusive distributor of Nissin Digital Flashes in the USA and Canada. Find more information at the Nissin Digital Official US website at nissindigital.us.