Rogue Flash Gels Color Correction Filter Kit v3
The Rogue Flash Gel CCv3 Color Correction Filter Kit was chosen by Professional Photographer Magazine to be included in their exclusive 2021 Hot One buyer's guide. PPA's annual Hot Ones collection includes a curated list of the year's best new products for professional photographers.
Using Rogue Color Correction Flash Gels
Use color correction gels to improve the color balance in your images whenever shooting indoors or outdoors with flash. Attach the appropriate color correction gel(s) to your flash to adjust its color temperature to match the color temperature of the ambient light sources in your scene.
- quickly color balance your flash to ambient light
- gels attach quickly to your flash with Rogue Gel Bands
- each gel printed with the LEE Filter color, f/Stop loss, and relevant color correction (white balance) adjustment
- gel size: 6"x3" (152mm x 76mm)
- kit weight: 1.6 oz (45g)
How to color balance your flash to ambient light
Identify your ambient light source, select the appropriate color correction gel(s), then attach the gel(s) to your flash. It is important to then set a custom white balance on your camera, or set the camera to the same white balance setting as printed on the attached color correction gel.
Attach CTO gels to your flash to color balance your flash to warmer light sources:
- Full CTO for 3,000K ambient light (halogen, incandescent, tungsten)
- 1/2 CTO for 3,500K ambient light (sunrise, sunset)
- 1/4 CTO for 4,200K ambient light (cool white LED)
- 1/8 CTO for 5000K ambient light (warm daylight)
Attach CTB gels to your flash to color balance your flash to cooler light sources:
- 1/2 CTB for 10000K ambient light (shade)
- 1/4 CTB for 7100K ambient light (cloudy)
Attach Plus Green gels to your flash in combination with CTO gels to color balance your flash to fluorescent light sources:
- 1/2 Plus Green + 1/2 CTO for 3,500K fluorescent tubes
- 1/2 Plus Green + 1/4 CTO for 4,200K fluorescent tubes
- 1/2 Plus Green + 1/8 CTO for 5,000K fluorescent tubes
- 1/2 Plus Green (do not add CTO) for 5700K fluorescent tubes
Rogue Flash Gels - Color Correction Kit v3 Contents
Each Rogue Flash Gel Kit includes the 20 correction gels listed below, plus 3 Rogue Gel Bands to attach the gels to your flashes. The larger blue Rogue Gel Band was designed for use with standard sized flashes, and the smaller gold Rogue Gel Band was designed for use with smaller size flashes popular with mirrorless cameras.
What flash brands will Rogue Flash Gels fit?
With a coverage area of 3" x 2.5" (76mm x 63mm) Rogue Flash Gels are large enough to cover even the largest flash heads, and they can be creased or trimmed for smaller flash heads as desired. Their innovative tabbed design allows them to be quickly attached to a wide range of speedlights using the included blue or gold Rogue Gel Band for standard or mirrorless size flashes.
Rogue Flash Gels Attach to These Flashes and More:
Canon: 430EX, 470EX, 580EX, 600EX
Godox: TT350, TT685, V860, AD200, V1
Nikon: SB500, SB600, SB700, SB800, SB900, SB5000
Nissin: i40, i400, i600, i60A, Di700A, MG80, MG10
Olympus: FL-600R, FL-700WR, FL-900R
Profoto: A1, A1X
Sony: HVL-F32M, HVL-F45RM, HVL-F60RM
About Rogue Flash Gels:
Rogue Gels are made from the world’s highest quality materials from LEE Filters UK, the world’s leading manufacturer of lighting filter products.